Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Welcome to my gardening Blog

This gardening blog is dedicated to my Grandma Dorcelle.  She's the one who sparked my interest in gardening at the age of 5.  She always had a garden and a house full of potted plants.

One day I told her "I wanted to plant a garden."  She showed me how to dig up and prepare the soil.  We planted my vegetable seeds in neat rows, placing the empty seed packets on sticks at the beginning of each row to identify what I had planted.  I was so excited!  The next day I went out to my garden.  I got the rake and started raking away at the soil just like I had seen my Grandmother do hundreds of times.  I did not know that when she was raking, she was loosing the soil and removing the small weeds. With my raking, all I did was mixing up all the newly, neatly, planted seeds.

The name "Baxter Street Gardener" comes from the street she lived on in Grand Rapids, Michigan.  She taught me so much and I hope this blog will help others with their gardening.

Thank you Grandma.  And thank all of you for following my blog.  Thom

No comments:

Post a Comment